Pool safety and regular inspections are vital for pool owners.
We can help Sydney, Brisbane and Sunshine Coast Pool owners who are selling or leasing their home with a Pool Safety Inspection and Certificate. Call 131546.
In Australia each state may have their own interpretation of the Pool Safety Laws but one thing is certain, you must ensure your pool area is safe for children. NSW and QLD have introduced tougher laws in this space around gaining a Pool Safety Certificate if you are leasing or selling a property. You can visit your local state Government websites or call them for exact details on the law in your state. There are some good generic principals of pool safety but many states are now moving towards mandatory inspections, so ensure you know your local laws.
Example of Generic Pool Inspection Rules (please refer to your state guidelines for exact rulings)
- Do you have a gate that self closes every time?
- Do you have a current CPR Sign in a visible location?
- Is there a clear area of 900mm and a non-climbable area of 900mm on the outside of your pool fence?
- Is your fence at least 1200mm high?
- Is there no gaps greater than 100mm below your pool fence?
- Are there no climbable objects within 900mm or fixed objects reducing the 1200mm fence height? (this includes, trees, fence rails, tables, pots, chairs, posts, bricks, ladders, wire, etc..)
Please take pool safety seriously and ask questions if you need help or advice.
NSW POOL CERTIFICATION
You can visit this link at the NSW Government Fair Trading to find out more information or for information on the accreditation visit NSW Government Building Professionals Board to find out more details or contact your local council.
QLD POOL SAFETY INSPECTIONS
Brisbane & Sunshine Coast
All our Pool Safety Inspectors are owner operated, fully licensed, trained and fully insured so you know you are dealing with a professional company. We have the latest information regarding the current pool safety laws and our team of inspectors work with customers to ensure they pass inspections and that their pool is safe.
- FAST RESPONSE POOL INSPECTIONS & CERTIFICATES
- FRIENDLY, ON TIME AND IN UNIFORM
- OWNER OPERATED GIVES YOU PEACE OF MIND
- FULLY LICENSED, TRAINED & INSURED
- PART OF THE TRUSTED JIMS GROUP OF COMPANIES
Depending on your State in Australia there may be different Laws and we cannot provide an Inspections.
The Queensland Government has introduced new pool safety laws and regulations aimed at further reducing the incidences of drowning and serious immersion injuries of young children in swimming pools. These laws affect new and existing pools. Pool owners have until 30 November 2015 to comply with the new pool safety laws, or earlier if they sell or lease their property before this time.
Did you know?
- Child drownings in Queensland swimming pools accounts for one quarter of all paediatric injury deaths and is the most common cause of traumatic death for children aged one to four years.
- Approximately half of all drownings involving children under five years occurred in residential swimming pools.
- For every child drowning, up to 14 children are taken to hospital emergency departments, and four are admitted to hospital.
What can you do to make your pool safer?
There are a huge range of things to make your pool safer but please at least check the basic and obvious items regularly. Ensure pool states self close, that fences are in good order, that climbable objects and hairs and tables are kept well away from the fence. Prune back any trees that may have grown in spring and are now climbable.
Here is a link to a great foundation that is trying to raise awareness: http://www.hannahsfoundation.org.au